Download the Movilizer Client
This page provides step-by-step instructions about how to download the standard Movilizer Client. The standard Movilizer Clients can be obtained from public app stores (Google Play Store, Apple App Store, etc.) without authentication. The distribution channel depends on the operating system. In addition, if supported by the platform, the Movilizer Client can be downloaded from the Movilizer Distribution Service (MDS). From the Movilizer Distribution Service (MDS), download is only possible when successfully authenticated by using the Movilizer user credentials.
For information about whether or not your operating system supports a download via a public app store or via the MDS or both, see the relevant page in the Movilizer Client types chapter.
If you require more information about how to download a custom Movilizer Client, contact your administrator.
Download from a public app store
You need an account for the relevant app store.
- Open the app store on the device. Depending on the operating system, you can open the app store either via the provided app or via a web browser on the device.
|Android||Google Play Store||https://play.google.com/store|
|Windows Phone||Windows Phone Store||https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/windows-phone|
- Enter Movilizer in the search field and, if required, start the search. You see all available Movilizer Clients.
- Choose the Movilizer Client that you want to install. A Movilizer Client synchronises either against the Movilizer Cloud or the Movilizer Cloud Pro. Currently, the following distinction is used for the Movilizer Clients in the common application stores:
|Movilizer Client||This client, also referred to as Movilizer Demo Client, synchronises against the Movilizer Cloud.|
|Movilizer Client Pro||This client, also referred to as Movilizer Productive Client, synchronises against the Movilizer Cloud Pro.|
- Download and install the Movilizer Android Client by choosing Install. After the download is finished, you see the Movilizer Client in the app menu of your device.Now, you can continue with the initial authentication (registration). For more information, see Register the Movilizer Client.
Download from the MDS
You require your Movilizer user credentials or a valid app group ID. You received your Movilizer user credentials with the initial notification via e-mail or SMS, when your administrator created a Movilizer user account account for you.
If you did not yet receive an initial notification with your Movilizer user credentials, contact your administrator.
- Open the URL provided in the initial notification in your web browser.
The standard URLs to download the Movilizer Client are as follows:
|https://movilizer.com/MovilizerDistributionService/||Download a client that synchronizes against the Movilizer Cloud Pro.|
|https://demo.movilizer.com/MovilizerDistributionService/||Download a client that synchronizes against the Movilizer Cloud.|
You see the MDS download page, which prompts you to choose your authentication method.
Select your preferred method for authentication.
- Participant ID: Choose this method to authenticate by using your User ID (participant ID).
- Phone number: If your user address is a phone number, choose this method to authenticate by using your User address(device address).
- E-mail address: If your user address is a an e-mail address, choose this method to authenticate by using the your User address (device address).
- App group ID: If you intend to register your Movilizer Client to an app group, choose this method to authenticate by using the app group ID.
- Customer ID: If you received a customer ID from your provider, choose this method to authenticate by using the customer ID.
You see the authentication form, which prompts you to enter your user credentials.
Authenticate by entering your Movilizer user credentials.
Confirm by choosing OK.
You see the list of all Movilizer Clients that are available for your operating system.
Choose the Movilizer Client that you want to download and install.
The download of the Movilizer Client starts.
After the download is finished, you see the Movilizer Client in the app menu or file browser of your device.
Now, you can continue with the initial authentication (registration). For more information, see Register the Movilizer Client.
If you use the Movilizer Desktop Client, you have to properly install the Movilizer Desktop Client first, before you continue with the registration. For more information, see the Install the Movilizer Desktop Client page.
For the most devices, automatic updates are activated by default for the Movilizer Client application.
We recommend to deactivate automatic updates for the Movilizer Client application in the system settings of the device. Manually update your Movilizer Client only in agreement with your administrator to ensure consistent business processes.